Well, much of last year’s plan was a bust, and I feel that most of the Home/Travel section should probably just be shunted over to this year’s plan – but it also seems a bit lame to keep chucking the same stuff in my goals every year and not achieving them. Perhaps there’s just too much to keep my eye on? Perhaps some of these recurring things are too vague so don’t really belong here. Maybe it’s time to try a set number of things I really want/need to achieve this year and make them a bit more concrete, while keeping in mind to split these across the Health/Work/Finances/Home/Travel categories I’ve had before? Let’s try that. Maybe 10?
- HEALTH: Weight has become a real issue again and it affects a bunch of other stuff, especially my muscle problems, stress levels, ability to meet the challenges of my job, etc. A number feels quite arbitrary, and I don’t want to make this a source of massive stress, so I’m aiming to get back into the merely “overweight” category rather than officially “obese”. Anything more than that will be a bonus but if I achieve it well before the end of the year then I need to at least maintain it to mark this as achieved 😀
- WORK: ‘First conference presentation’ seems a bit of a cheat when I’ve just had word that Josh and I will be presenting at an international conference in Ghent in February, but it’s still a goal. But I think I’ll push it to be ‘first solo conference presentation’ too because I really want to get moving on this.
- FINANCES: I know it was in last year’s list, but I really need to get my financial documentation under control – to reconcile accounts more regularly, get my tax in with plenty of time to spare, stop missing credit card deadlines so I don’t get fined – just generally get a bit more of a handle on all of this and feel a bit more in control.
- WORK/FINANCES:Get some sort of regular part-time work that will bring in some extra money but won’t interfere with committments for either Bastards or uni.
- HOME: I’m going to finally paint Granny’s sewing box. Maybe just white/cream like it was before because trying to decide on a colour is driving me nuts.
- TRAVEL: I’d really like to take a short trip to somewhere we’ve never been before that’s just pure holiday. I’m not allowed to count our 7-hour layover in Hong Kong on the way back from Aus in this though!
- HOME: Sewing-wise I’d like to get to grips with trouser fitting and start sewing underwear. See my forthcoming sewing summary post for more on this one.
- HEALTH: I feel I need to build up strength and stamina so I need to start adding more exercise to my life than just the walking every day – perhaps more yoga, perhaps a regular set at the recumbant bike down by the river (I can’t use the other one because I’m too short!), perhaps I’ll invest in some shoes and try some running…
- WORK/FINANCES: First solo gig. I’d like to at least have this booked in by the end of the year. Related: get the live-streamed gigs from the studio happening this year too.
- HOME: Be a better housewife! This sounds lame but I really hate how dirty our house always is. Apologising for the house’s inadequacies is one thing but for my own is another. I just want the place to be clean and fairly tidy. Might need to chuck some stuff. Might also need to do a thorough study of our stuff and how to store it appropriately…
I guess that’s 10 then. It feels like a lot. But also feels like it has more direction than last year’s. Let’s see how I go!